What is ISO 22000 Food Safety Management?
ISO 22000 is a truly international standard suitable for any business in the entire food chain, including inter-related organizations such as producers of equipment, packaging material, cleaning agents, additives and ingredients.
ISO 22000 is also for companies seeking to integrate their quality management system, for example ISO 9001, and their food safety management system. The food safety standard combines generally recognized key elements to ensure food safety along the food chain, including:
- Interactive communication
- System management
- Control of food safety hazards through pre-requisite programs and HACCP plans
- Continual improvement and updating of the food safety management system
What are the benefits of ISO 22000?
With an ISO 22000 certification,
- Fulfill and document the highest standards of international food safety.
- Gain international recognition and acceptance.
- Open up new markets and increase sales through international recognition.
- Gain the confidence of your customers and partners.
- Make a significant contribution to risk management in your company.